File Extension DMG
(TIP!) Click here to run a Free Scan for easy-to-fix errors that may prevent DMG files from opening on your PC!
DMG File Extension Description
The .DMG File Extension usually refers to disk imaging files for the Mac platform, however various Windows utilities have been developed to convert to a standard Windows recognizable format.
Software that supports opening, viewing and editing of disk imaging .DMG file extension types include:
- Daemon Tools Pro, ISO Buster, UltraISO, Transmac and dmg2img
- Oracle has used the DMG file extension format as a binary file type with their Oracle database 11g project
How to Open DMG Files
- Be sure you have one of the programs above installed. If you do and .DMG files still wont open then proceed to step two below.
- Make sure Windows is set to open .DMG files with the appropriate program. The easiest way to do this is to download Filecure and then select the manage tab on the left. This feature is available free in the Filecure application.
- If the problem persists then download Filecure if you haven't already, and Click the big green "Start Scan" Button. It takes about 30 seconds to scan your computer for all file extension associations. Once the scan is finished you will see if any problems are detected. If so then Click the Green "Fix Now" Button.
- Try to open your .DMG File again, The problem should be fixed.
If you still have issues with this file, please click the Ask a Question button at the top right corner of this page.
- Common Path:
- Associated Applications:
Mac OS X Disk Copy Image Files
Additional DMG File Info:
Apple Corporation, DMG File Created by: www.apple.com
Files that wont open may be caused by out-dated device drivers. Get latest Driver Updates for your PC.
Scans your PC for errors that lead to file extensions not being recognized by your system.
FileCure safely repairs associations and system errors so you can open, view or edit your DMG file.
*(Includes all 32 Bit and 64 Bit versions)