I have an Acer Aspire 7741z-4643. I was in Safe Mode when it went out. Before it did, it gave me a blank screen, but sometimes I would have to press F8. I did the restore point several times. Did not solve the problem. I was working in Safe Mode network, and it just when blank. I went to the Acer site to get my BIOS and download it. Look for flashit.exe and the other file to rename it. Could not find it. What can I do to get my computer back up? Tried to use the recovery disk. Still had the black screen with the blinking dash on it.
Sounds like you’ve been doing everything you can to get your notebook up and running again. Since you know how to download the files from Acer’s website for the BIOS, and the only problem is that you cannot find the files to rename them, follow this set of directions and see if it works to repair your Acer Aspire 7741z-4643. Since you are getting the blank screen, this set of directions should fix it for you.
BIOS Recovery for the Acer Aspire 7741z-4643 Notebook
- You will need to format a bootable USB memory stick to FAT.
- Next, revisit Acer’s website and download the latest BIOS for the Acer Aspire 7741z-4643.
- Make sure that you put both the FLASHIT.EXE and the BIOS file in the memory stick’s root directory.
- Now, you need to rename the BIOS file to ZG5IA32.FD. Double check by reading it over to make sure that you have the file name correct.
- Remove the USB drive from the notebook.
- Turn the Acer’s power off.
- Now, you need to make sure the notebook has a working battery and reconnect the AC power.
- You should insert the USB memory stick into one of the notebook’s USB ports.
- Now, you need to press “Fn” and “Esc” and “Power” buttons all at the same time. Wait 3 or 4 seconds, and then release the “Fn” and “Esc” buttons.
- The power button should be blinking, and you should press it once.
- At this point, the BIOS should flash for you.
- Be sure not to press anything or interrupt this process. If all goes well, the power button should stop flashing, and the Acer Aspire 7741z-4643 notebook should reboot.