How do I delete a folder in Hotmail?
Hotmail and Windows Live Hotmail
Hotmail and Windows Live Hotmail are essentially the same thing as Microsoft is blending and consolidating. When signed into Hotmail via the Web interface, you can quickly and easily delete Hotmail folders.
- 1. First, hover your mouse over the Folders link found in the left portion of the screen.
- 2. You should see a small icon that looks like a gear just to the right of that link. Click the icon.
- 3. A submenu appears. Click Manage Folders.
- 4. A list of folders along with checkboxes appears.
- 5. Place a checkmark in the box next to the folder (or folders) that you want to delete.
- 6. Click on the Delete button and then confirm your decision by clicking OK.
Hotmail's Sweep Inbox Feature
Ever have a sender fill your inbox with junk? Rather than deleting that sender's messages individually, you can sweep them all out at once using Hotmail's "Sweep" feature. To use this, find a sender that you want to sweep clean and place a checkmark in the box next to that sender's name when a message appears in your inbox.
Click the Sweep menu and choose Delete All. You'll be prompted with a confirmation message. Before you click the Delete All button one more time, consider placing a checkmark in the box that says "Also block future messages."
Deleting Folders in Windows Live Mail
While Windows Live Hotmail is the same as Hotmail, Windows Live Mail is a different email application. Instead of accessing your email on the Web, Windows Live Mail acts much like Outlook Express did, as a standalone email program that downloads messages to your computer. Like Outlook Express, Windows Live Mail allows you to create folders for storing your messages. To delete a folder, right-click the folder that you want to delete and choose Delete Folder from the menu that appears.