I can't get my Incredimail to open for me. I was just in it a couple hours ago, but now it won't work. Help.
Glitches like this happen with programs all of the time. Try the suggestions listed below to see if you can fix this Incredimail error. If you are trying to access the program through a desktop icon, see if the first set of directions will work to open it.
The Incredimail application includes a handy repair tool that you can use whenever you experience an Incredimail error or can't open Incredimail. All of your information is saved when you use this feature, so there aren't any worries about losing your contact list or saved emails. Follow these directions:
1. Access the Control Panel and open the Add/Remove Utility.
2. Search for "Incredimail" and right click on it.
3. Select the option to "Repair" or "Change" your Incredimail application. The labeling of this option varies depending on the version of Incredimail that you have, but they refer to the same process.
You can also try to do it this way:
- Navigate to "Start" in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select "Programs" from the list.
- Select the "Incredimail" application.
- Select the "Uninstall Incredimail Option."
- Search for and select the top option labeled "Repair Incredimail."
- Select "Next."
- Restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Incredimail Program Error: Use Safe Mode
Try booting up your computer in Safe Mode. Sometimes this process is all it takes to fix glitches on a computer.
Troubleshooting Incredimail Program Error: Scan for Spyware and Viruses
On the off chance that you have some sort of spyware or a computer virus on your computer that is causing the Incredimail error, scan for malware using Anti-Virus PLUS or your current anti-virus/anti-spyware application.
Troubleshooting Incredimail Program Error: Upgrade
If the repair of the program did not fix it for you, it is possible that you can't open Incredimail because a current upgrade is missing. Use these directions and see if you are able to access the upgrade for the program:
- Select "Start" in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
- Select "Programs."
- Select "Incredimail."
- Select the option to "Uninstall Incredimail."
- Select the middle option that is listed. It should be labeled "Upgrade to a better version."
- Select "Next" and restart your computer.
Troubleshooting Incredimail Program Error: Uninstall and Reinstall Incredimail
If you can't open Incredimail at all, it might be necessary for you to uninstall the application completely and then reinstall it. You can easily find the download on the Incredimail website.